|<< International Finance Theory And Policy 10th Edition Paul R. Krugman Test Bank||Investigating the Social World The Process and Practice of Research 8th Edition by Russell K. Schutt Test Bank >>|
Name: __________________________ Date: _____________
1. The nurse is caring for a client who is exhibiting manipulative behaviors. The nurse would be correct in implementing which of the following?
A) Allowing for expression of feelings by the client
B) Negative reinforcement
C) Limit setting
D) Emphasis-guided imagery
2. The nurse is interviewing a client diagnosed with avoidant personality disorder. The nurse would expect this client to exhibit which of the following behaviors?
A) Preoccupation with details
B) Extreme shyness
C) Inability to make decisions
3. Which of the following would be listed as a cluster A personality disorder according to the DSM-IV-TR?
4. Which of the following would be inconsistent with the diagnosis of obsessive-compulsive personality disorder?
A) Focus on details
D) Hoarding of items
5. A client diagnosed with borderline personality disorder who is self-mutilating has been admitted to the inpatient medical unit. Which of the following interventions would take priority for this client?
A) Identify the triggers of acting-out behaviors.
B) Develop a no-harm contract.
C) Explain the rules of the unit.
D) Encourage the client to participate in unit activities.
6. Which of the following behaviors would the nurse expect to assess in the client diagnosed with narcissistic personality disorder?
A) Sense of entitlement
B) Attention-seeking behavior
C) Unstable relationships
D) Blood stains on clothing
7. A client is upset with a nurse on the inpatient mental health unit. She states to another client, That nurse is mean and hates me. I want to have another nurse take care of me because that nurse is nice all the time. The client is exhibiting which manifestation of borderline personality disorder?
8. A client is diagnosed with histrionic personality disorder. The interventions should focus on which of the following behaviors?
A) Preoccupation with orderliness
B) Fear of disapproval
C) Dependency needs
D) Extreme egocentricity
9. Which of the following behaviors by the client diagnosed with dependent personality disorder would show progression toward increasing ability to problem solve?
A) Utilizing appropriate manners
B) Asking questions of the nurse
C) Exhibiting a relaxed posture
D) Gaining control over impulses
10. When assessing a client diagnosed with antisocial personality disorder, the nurse would expect to observe which of the following?
A) Deceit and dishonesty
B) Grandiose view of self
C) Inability to make self-care decisions
D) Preoccupation with orderliness
11. Which of the following thought patterns is consistent with the diagnosis of schizotypal personality disorder?
A) Self-absorbed thoughts
B) Magical thinking
D) Preoccupation with perfection
12. Which cluster of personality disorders exhibits anxious and fearful types of behavior?
A) Cluster A
B) Cluster B
C) Cluster C
D) Cluster D
13. A nurse is caring for a client diagnosed with borderline personality disorder. The nurse would expect which priority nursing diagnosis in the care plan?
A) Self-esteem disturbance, related to unmet dependency needs
B) Risk for violence, self-directed, related to self-mutilating behaviors
C) Impaired communication, related to social withdrawal
D) Impaired social interaction, related to indifference toward others
14. A client is being seen in the mental health clinic. When taking the health history, the nurse notes that the client has a history of vandalism, verbal assaults, and truancy. These behaviors are consistent with which of the following personality disorders?
A) Dependent personality disorder
B) Narcissistic personality disorder
C) Antisocial personality disorder
D) Borderline personality disorder
15. Which of the following clients diagnosed with a personality disorder feels a sense of entitlement?
16. Which personality disorder would be consistent with the nursing diagnosis of impaired social interaction, related to indifference toward others?
A) Schizoid personality disorder
B) Histrionic personality disorder
C) Dependent personality disorder
D) Antisocial personality disorder
17. When assessing a client diagnosed with borderline personality disorder, it would be most important for the nurse to assess for which of the following?
A) Inconsistencies between vocalizations and behaviors
B) Scars or cuts
C) Nonverbal behaviors
D) Resistance to questioning
18. A client diagnosed with antisocial personality disorder is being seen in the health clinic. Which of the following would be the most appropriate outcome for this client?
A) Increases interactions with others
B) Exhibits relaxed posture
C) Decreases manipulative behaviors
D) Gains control over impulses
19. Which of the following clusters of personality disorders is associated with odd or eccentric behaviors?
A) Cluster A
B) Cluster B
C) Cluster C
D) Cluster D
20. Which of the following personality disorders has an increased risk of abuse associated with it?
Once the order is placed, the order will be delivered to your email less than 24 hours, mostly within 4 hours.
If you have questions, you can contact us here